Our University is a powerful research and education center with the history dating back to 1630. 9 faculties of the University offer education in agrobiotechnology, veterinary medicine, bio-technology, ecology, law and linguistics, post diploma training, preparatory courses and extension courses.
The University hosts 5 research institutes, 13 research laboratories, Institute of post diploma education for managers and specialists in veterinary medicine, Institute of European Integration, Education and Research Institute of Economics and Business, 8 colleges, research establishments and production enterprises.
The total number of students is more than 10000. The teaching staff consists of 12 academicians, 54 doctors of sciences, professors, 257 candidates of sciences.
For students’ accommodation and board, there are 9 hostels, 4 canteens and students’ sanatorium. The big University team applies every effort in order to make the University a home for the students.
The University has 10 buildings for education, the clinic, the powerful computer park, the scientific library (600000 books) with 3 departments, 4 reading halls, modern information and data center, the publishing department.
The University researchers work on development of efficient production technologies for cereals, fodder crops, potatoes. They develop preparations for animal diseases prevention and treatment, and work on problems of animal reproduction. Our scientists took part in elaboration of the Land Code of Ukraine, the projects of efficient land management and other laws of Ukraine.
Qualifications Frameworks for Environmental Science at Ukrainian Universities
Project acronym: “QANTUS”
Project duration: 36 months
Start date: 1 December 2013
End date: 30 November 2016
Project goals: Wider objective is enhancement of quality and relevance of higher education in Ukraine and increasing convergence with EU developments through elaboration of qualifications frameworks.
- Analyses of existing standards and methodologies of Qualifications Frameworks development in Environmental Science.
- Development of sectoral Qualifications Frameworks for Environmental Science studies at Ukrainian universities.
- Training courses on developing and implementing new study programs compatible with Qualifications Frameworks in Environmental Science.
- Analyses of existing standards and methodologies of sectoral Qualifications Frameworks development.
- Elaboration of Qualifications Framework in the area of Environmental Science in Ukraine.
- Creation of training centers.
- Development and implementation of training courses on application of new study programmes compatible with Qualifications Framework in Environmental Science.
- Quality control.
- Dissemination of project results.
- Project management.
- Developed Qualifications Framework for Environmental Science at Ukrainian universities.
- Created training centers at partner universities.
- Developed and implemented training courses.
- Developed project web-site.
- Reports on project results and other publications.
For more details see the project page: http://qantus.osenu.org.ua/en/
The list of completed EU Tempus projects:
1. Project title “Development of Economics, Agriculture and Food on Ukraine”
Budget: 622.790 ECU
2. Project title “Sustainable food chain management in Ukraine”
“Susfood”, (CD_JEP-21123-2000), 2001-2004
Budget: 467.000 Euro
3. Project title “Sustainable crop production in farm management for Ukraine”
“Susfarm”, (CD_JEP-23063-2002), 2003-2006
Budget: 414.000 Euro
4. Project title “Agrarian policy and administration towards European integration”
“Agripol”, (IB_JEP-24122-2003), 2004-2007
Budget: 475.000 Euro
5. Project title «Conception du développement durable dans la formation des spécialistes pour l'agriculture»
Budget: 209.814 Euro
Completed EU FP7 project:
“Indicators for biodiversity in organic and low-input farming systems”
(n 227161, 2009), 2009-2012
Budget: 3 Million Euro